Family Camping Gear provides tips on selecting, and organizing, the gear you will need to start taking your family on camping vacation trips. Family Camping Gear specializes in helping the new camper, but even experienced campers will find new information here, as well as great deals on camping gear at our online camping store.
Why Go Camping?
Camping Builds Close Family Bonds – Family camping is a great way to build a closer relationship between parents and kids. Memories and shared experiences from all the fun trips you've been on will help you communicate with your child (or parent) throughout your life. You'll experience quality time for everyone involved.
How to Start
Start with Tent Camping – Most every camping family starts out doing what we call “tent camping”. Tent camping includes car camping, canoe camping and backpacking. You can car camp at state and national parks, forest service campsites, and even national chains of commercial campgrounds. There are lots of places to go and stay.Move up to Recreational Vehicles – Tent camping is very popular, and is how most people start out. Some of us love tent camping so much we never do any other type of camping. Others become RV'ers and will try a pop-up tent trailer, then a camping trailer or a motor home. Even so, most of them still keep a tent handy for their younger guests.
Advice from Expert Campers
Our camping tips and information come from two sources:
- Master Maine Guides First, from the best outdoor experts in the world – the famed “Master Maine Guide.” A Master Maine Guide is licensed by the State of Maine to provide enjoyable and safe outdoor experiences while camping, canoeing, hiking, wildlife watching, fishing and hunting. Maine Guides are skilled in the outdoors, and know how to keep you warm, dry and comfortable in all weather conditions – sun, wind, rain or snow!
- Family Campers like You – Our second source of information is from campers like you, who love to share their experiences and encourage other families to get in on the action. Maybe you might even like to share your family camping experiences with other campers. Send us your questions, camping tips and trip reports so we can share your hard earned skills with others.
Follow our Trail – Explore our site and read how to choose the best camping gear, so your family can enjoy their family camping trips. Read how to have fun on your trips, and to avoid the pitfalls. Add this page to your “favorites” folder, so you can come back often.
You´ll find tips on camping and gear selection; ideas for menus and camping recipes; info on activities the whole family can enjoy; and answers to many of your camping questions. You´ll also find trip reports, camping tips, and comments from family campers like yourself.
Check out each of these steps along the Trail:
Our Latest Camping Tips & News
- Our New Look Welcome to Family Camping Gear's fresh new website design! This website will now look different on your desktop, laptop, tablet and smart phone devices, so ... Read More
- My Four Man Tent is too Small You bought a four man tent, but found out that it is barely big enough for two. Why is that? Oh gosh, you wanted to take ... Read More
- Go Camping Rain or Shine One cannot predict the weather, and every weekend may not be sunny and warm. Nevertheless, lots of campers come prepared and can enjoy a bit ... Read More